Saturday, November 14, 2009

How much water for my garden?

I always water my garden around 5 in the afternoon. It's summer time and soils are really dry that they crack. How much water should I leave? I have red palms, palm tree, cactus and others.. I only stop watering when I see initial flooding.. since soil absorbs them, within minutes it's all gone. But is it enough to last them the next day? Does the planting matter, like if the roots were planted really deep so they need more watering for the liquid to reach them?

How much water for my garden?
A garden should always be watered in the morning if possible. Early evening like your 5:00 is all right just not close to evening. Night water tends to produce fungus and blight. The average garden needs one inch of water two times a week. This is a measurable one inch. Intermittent watering in times of extreme heat and drought is good but the minimum requirement is 1 measurable inch 2x a week.
Reply:once established the plants should not need a lot of watering, unless they are not native to your region(where ever that is).


No comments:

Post a Comment