Saturday, November 14, 2009

How do I get rid of thorny weeds in my garden?

We put cow manure on our garden 3 yrs ago. Since then we have had these redlike thorny weeds in our garden. I have hoed and cut them out and disposed of them in the burn barrel to eliminate the seeding but they still come back. What can I do that is organic to rid the garden of them?

How do I get rid of thorny weeds in my garden?
With many weeds, if you don't completely remove all the root it will grow back. Since it sounds like you don't want to use any herbicides, digging is your option. you can apply round-up directly to the plant, which will be absorbed by the plant and won't get into the soil. this will kill weed root and all. Round up contains glyphosate, which blocks photosynthesis, thus starving the weed


No comments:

Post a Comment