Monday, November 16, 2009

How do I do gourds from the garden?

I am wanting to use gourds for fall decoration, I am not wanting to do crafts with them, just save them from now until fall, they are maturing so fast in my garden.

How do I do gourds from the garden?
After you pick them from the vine store them in a dark place. I put ours in a plastic bag. We kept one from last year and actually just opened it and planted the seeds from it this year. I kept it in a cupboard. Works great.
Reply:You'll need to put them in a cool dry place. You cannot just save them for fresh use because they will rot. Let them dry and then you can use them year after year. You don't have to pick them until the stem gets a little dry so maybe you can give them a little more time in the garden if this isn't the case. If it is possible put a handful of straw underneath each one it will help them not rot in the garden if they do not come in contact with the soil.


No comments:

Post a Comment