Sunday, May 16, 2010

How long do I need to wait to start a garden after herbicides?

I would like to start my own backyard vegetable garden, but I know the lawn has (in the past) been treated with herbicides and possibly pesticides. I thought I remembered hearing some "rule" about how long you have to wait for the soil to be rid of these before you can safely plant a chemical-free garden??

How long do I need to wait to start a garden after herbicides?
It all depends on the herbicide or pesticide. Some require months to dissipate and others like Round-up herbicide need less than a week. If you know what chemical was applied do a research on it or go to your local garden center and look at the label.
Reply:Homeowners can't get the chemicals that last very long. So go plant that garden and don't worry about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment